Wednesday 5 March 2014

Review & Results: Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara

 I happily recieved this new mascara in February's Glossybox. It was launched in the UK in January 2014 and I was thrilled to get my hands on it. It's the first double-ended mascara from Maybelline with two brushes designed specifically for top and bottom lashes...







...It claims to push lashes up and wide for a volumised full fan effect and also grabs and magnifies the lashes with a no mess application. I must admit, I actually agree that the mascara does achieve all the things that it sets out to do. I was most impressed and intrigued by the bottom lash brush as I'd never used a brush that was specifically designed for bottom lashes. It grabs each tiny lash and does a great job of lengthening and magnifying. I always find that when applying mascara to my bottom lashes with a normal-sized brush, I end up making a huge mess resulting in big black gloops of mascara hanging around underneath my eye. However, the size of the brush paired with the quick-drying formula makes for a much easier application. I was also majorly impressed with the top lash brush and it has slowly started to push my Clinique High Impact Mascara off it's pedastal. Having been cursed with tiny lashes, the mascara helps to create the illusion of much longer, thicker lashes. Don't you just love make-up? Another fabulous mascara from Maybelline for a mere £8.99 and one that will definitely be sticking around in my newly organised make-up drawer.

Chow for now,


2 comments:

  1. I've never seen that mascara before, seeing as I obsessively look at every Maybelline counter I pass I'm really surprised!! It looks amazing, I'm so intrigued by that bottom lash brush. I've suffered from the same problem as you with that the brush is to big, and I'm glad someone has found an answer!! Fab post :)xxx

    Joannasprinkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! And I know what you mean, this mascara is literally a God send! Xx

      Delete