Friday 7 February 2014

Pay Day Picks #4

Images sourced from Google




1. Borjouis Bronzing Primer
This little beauty has been out of my life since before Christmas. I ran out of my last pot and never got round to repurchasing. I can’t even begin to tell you how much my pale, un-sunkissed skin has been longing for it to return and come pay day, I will definitely be sprinting into Boots to reunite myself with it. If you’ve never heard of it before, it’s basically a primer that you apply before foundation that gives you a lovely sun-kissed glow. I’ve also written a review on it too. I’m absolutely obsessed with it.

2. Canon Powershot SX50 HS
I’ve had my eye out for a decent digital camera for a while now. I feel like now I’ve really got into blogging, I am in desperate need of a brand spanking new camera to be able to share snippets of my life in high definition. However, I didn’t want to go out and spend hundreds of pounds on the newest, state of the art equipment when I can only just manage to choose a filter on my iPhone. I did A LOT of research into different cameras and came across the Canon Powershot SX50 HS. It’s not the newest model, but reading reviews and watching YouTube videos, it seems to be able to do everything I need it to. It even has a rotatable viewfinder if I ever decided to start a YouTube channel ;). It’s also been very convenient l that it’s my 20th birthday on Tuesday and so I’ve pretty much asked everyone I know for money so that I can add it to my camera fund. (Fingers crossed, I might get enough to completely pay it off!) I will obviously write a review on the camera itself when it arrives and I’ve had chance to have a play.

3. Yankee Candle in Fruit Fusion
I’m a definite lover of candles and am always on the look out for new scents when I visit T K Maxx and Sainbury’s. However, being the candle hoarder that I am, I’ve never actually managed to convince myself to spend twenty whole pounds on a bit of wax in a jar. However, a lady in my office at work had a load of Yankee Candles delivered to her desk one day (don’t ask me why?) and my nostrils took over my legs and made me go over. Amongst sniffing every single one for a good minute each, it was Fruit Fusion that really stood out to me. I am obsessed with fresh, fruity scents and Ikea’s apple scented candle has been amongst the top burners in my room at the moment. I can’t WAIT to get my hands on Fruit Fusion and break my Yankee Candle virginity.


4. Tanya Burr’s Nail Polish in Riding Hood
If you’ve been living under a beauty rock then you may not know that Tanya Burr released her first ever Lips & Nails collection. It must have been soo exciting for her and looking on FeelUnique.com, most of the nail range is already out of stock! I’ve been eyeing up a few colours myself and working out what I’m short of in my current nail polish collection. I decided I might try Riding Hood first which is a gorgeous deep red. You can never go wrong with a classic red nail polish can you? I’m so excited to try it! 

5. Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Mousse
I’ve tried a million and one different mousses to give my hair that all-day volume that we all long for. All have failed me until I discovered Toni & Guy’s attempt. I spray a palm-full size amount on to my hand and massage the mousse into the roots of my wet hair. I find that my hair stays voluminous all day long and it doesn’t leave my hair feeling all sticky and rock hard like some (cheapo) mousses tend to do. I also use the mousse to scrunch into my hair when I feel like having soft just-come-off-the-beach waves. Likewise, the mousse helps the wave stay all day long. I’m coming to end of mine at the moment and it has been mysteriously disappearing from my drawer on many occasions…(Hi Mum.) Definitely worth a purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment