Sunday 11 May 2014

May Must-Haves

All images sourced from Google
WHY oh why are there so many gorgeous new Spring releases that I feel that I must purchase but that my bank balance tells me otherwise? I've been spending quite a lot of time online window shopping as I know that shopping in stores where I can feel, touch and try-on will only end in disaster. So, I've gone through my online Wishlists and picked out a few items that will definitely become new residents in my wardrobe/make-up storage this month.


New Look Black Rose Print Fringe Kimono & River Island Bright Yellow Relaxed Blazer 
Kimono's and blazer's have become my holy grail item of clothing when it comes to Spring. It's too warm to wear a big coat but it's also a little bit too cold to brave the non-jacket look. I'm loving wearing kimono's when I go out in the evening as I think they can either finish off the look or can act as the main aspect of your outfit. They're lightweight, cool, and flowy - perfect to throw on over a dress or shirt. I buy most of my kimono's from either Missguided or Boohoo but I am in LOVE with this one from New Look. 

Blazers are also a favourite of mine at the moment. I currently wear this one from H&M quite a lot as I think the fit is so flattering. Blazers are one of those pieces that you can either dress up or dress down depending on the occasion and I think brightly coloured ones are so gorgeous for Spring/Summer to throw over a vest or shirt. I'm absolutely obsessed with this one from River Island after I saw Michelle Keegan Instagram a snap of her wearing it - it's definitely on my To Buy list!

Aztec Tribal Elephant iPhone 5 Case & NARS Guy Bourdin Nail Polish
 Ok, so I may or may not have already purchased this phone case and it may or may not have arrived last night and it may or may not be on my phone right this minute. Waiting until pay day went well then. I LOVE it! I bought it from a seller on Amazon and I'll link them here. You can't tell on the picture but it actually has a very subtle sparkle to the case too! The case itself is a very hard plastic and my little fragile iPhone looks very snug in it. I've had lots of complements on it too :). 

This nail polish is one of those colours that looks great in Winter or Summer. I love this deep pink shade as I think it really suits my skin tone and looks fab with a bit of fake tan too ;). I've heard great things about the quality of NARS nail polishes so I'm really eager to have a splurge and try one out. 

Asos Aviator Blue Mirrored Sunglasses & Missguided Faux Suede Flatforms
I'm loving the mirrored sunglasses trend at the moment - especially the blue ones. I think they can add a pop of colour to an outfit and will look so gorgeous with a tan! There were a pair of Ray Ban ones that I had my eye on for a while but these Asos pair a lot friendlier for my bank card. I love the shape of aviator sunglasses and I always steal my Dad's pair but after having the same pair of sunglasses for the last three summers, I think it's time I switched it up a little and order these on pay day.

I've been on the look out for a comfy pair of sandle-like shoes for ages but I wanted something that I can wear for evenings out. I think these suede flatforms from Missguided are the perfect answer. They look comfortable enough to wear them without getting sore feet but not too casual so that you can pair them with a nice skirt or dress for drinks out.

What have you got your eye on this month?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment