Monday 6 October 2014

I'M BACK! New Job & University Take 2

I've been trying to start this post for a while and I've not found the words to explain my sudden disappearance from the wonderful world of blogging. In all honesty, I decided that I needed to a break. And boy, did I! I was beginning to feel that I was blogging and writing posts for the sake of it. Not because I was passionate about a product or because I was excited about sharing something with you guys. Has anyone ever felt like that?

A lot has happened since I last posted (waaaaaaaay back then!). I got a brand new job and I started university - again!

I started my new job in July and I now work as a Communications Assistant in my local council's press team. The job is very similar to my old one (read about it here). I write press releases, handle questions from the media, organise filming requests in the area from the likes of BBC, and I also manage our set of social media channels. I absolutely love it and feel like I've really hit the ground running.

And so, after that huge blog post last year about why I quit university and why university wasn't for me, what did I do? I decided to go back! A completely strategic career move might I add. I really wanted to start climbing the working ladder in PR and Communications yet found myself stuck in a rut when every job I fancied applying for required a university degree as 'essential'. So, this time I did my research and successfully gained a place at Manchester Metropolitan University studying PR & Marketing! I'm only a few weeks into my course but I definitely feel that I've made the right decision and it's so cool that I get to apply what I'm learning at uni into what I do at work :).

Oh, and I've also lost 1 and 1/2 stone in weight and bought myself a brand new Vauxhall Corsa!

Anyway, this is just a quick post to update you on where I'm up to and to ease myself back into blogger.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

2 comments:

  1. well done for the new job and losing weight! I can't wait to see more posts :)
    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete